Sunday, 11 April 2010

eReader Case

My boyfriend had been wanting me to make him a case for his eReader for months and so I decided to give in. I went into our local pound store and found a laptop case made out of neoprene, I used this to make the case.

Materials Required


  • Fabric
  • Rotary Cutter, Cutting Mat & Ruler
  • Thread
  • Sewing Machine (Universal Needle)
Time Taken: 1 Hour
Techniques:  Zigzag stitch



Measure The eReader

First, I measured the eReader and made sure I had enough material to make the cover.

I unpicked the seams which meant I was then left with 3 pieces of material.


As the laptop case was slightly too big I cut out a section, then used a zigzag stitch to re-attach it so I could keep the edging that was originally part of the laptop case.


I also used a zigzag stitch to attach the sides and bottom together.


For the closure I used a strip of Velcro.


He was very pleased with the results and is now less worried about his eReader getting damaged in his bag.

No comments: