Sunday, 27 June 2010

Simplicity Dress 3833 Series

Introduction

After gaining  experience making decor items I am going to put all these skills to use making the Simplicity 1960's Retro Style Dress 3833, view A. This pattern does not specify that it’s easy but after studying the back of the envelope I am going to give it a try. If you want more information on Understanding the Pattern Envelope please see my previous blog entry. I have never made sleeves or used interfacing before on clothing and feel these may be my weak areas, otherwise it should be smooth sailing.
Making any item of clothing is time consuming, and remember I am still a beginner. I am going to break this series into different entries to make it easier to digest.
Before cutting up my new fabric I am making a toile, which means a trial version of the dress, to check for sizing and for practising all of the techniques. At the end of this series I will reveal the final item.
This Simplicity Dress 3833 series will cover the following topics which are shown in order:
I hope you will follow me on my journey to making a dress with the help of my friends and of course the Internet. If you wish to leave a comment you can do so below.

No comments: