Saturday, 22 January 2011

Sewing Pattern Catalogue Database

I have a collection of different patterns which I have either brought second-hand off eBay to patterns that are available on the Internet and believe me, there are a lot out there. With my current skill level I have a lot to learn and a lot of these patterns I have are still too advanced, which currently scare me and I have filed for future use. I guess you can say I may have a slight addiction now with pattern collection and I need to do something about organising them.

Organising Paper Patterns


I keep my paper patterns stored in magazine racks in my sewing room.


I find zippy bags to keep them dust free.


These A4 size zippy bags are ideal for patterns that have been traced and cut. With the separate compartments I can keep the cut pattern pieces together with the original pattern.


For patterns I’ve seen on the Internet I have printed these out and stored them in lever arch files. For some great ideas on storing your sewing patterns visit Pattern Review where KarmenG shares her storing tips. Also there are handy tips on About Sewing too.

My next blog entry I will reveal my Pattern Catalogue software which I have created to store information for both paper patterns and electronic copies. You will be able to download your very own copy and use for free for private use only. Please leave a comment as I will be very interested in how you have found using this software.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

How database and Search Engine Differ. Click www.gofastek.com for more information.

Cindy
www.gofastek.com

Pebbles said...

I’m impressed. Very informative and trustworthy blog does exactly what it sets out to do. I’ll bookmark your weblog for future use.

Pebbles
www.joeydavila.net

Lee Shin said...

spot on with this write-up, i like the way you discuss the things. i'm impressed, i must say. i'll probably be back again to read more. thanks for sharing this with us.

Lee Shin
www.trendone.net

aislinn said...

thank you for sharing your thought. truly a good read for me.

www.n8fan.net

Cindy Dy said...

You should be applauded for providing the articles and making the effort to provide the useful information you do. Keep up the great work & happy blogging!

Zea
www.imarksweb.org

andrea chiu said...

Thanks for sharing your article and for giving us the chance to read it. It is very helpful and encouraging. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org